Hello! I’m Lester Yam. I am a software engineer wwith more than 8 years experience in web development, databases management, data visualisation, administrative and user training. I have a strong passion for data analytics and visualisation which spurred me on to pursue a specialist diploma in Business and Big Data Analytics at NYP. I'm skilled at working independently, creating effective presentations and developing new opportunities and innovations to meet organisational goals.
● Developed and implemented "Dredging Operation Online System". The online system has improved data collection and reporting process by 90%.
● Developed and implemented "Manpower management Online System". The online system has improved accruacy and availability of staff information by 80%.
● Perform daily data extraction using SQL script and prepare reports for project client which include Marine and Port Authority of Singapore and Surbana Jurong.
● Prepare dashboard and reporting for construction managers using Microsoft Power BI
● Create SQL Stored Procedures to perform complex queries and complex data manipulations.
● Developed automation tools for Group Wholesale Banking and UOB Thailand to generate monthly report. The systems have reduced processing time from 1 week to 3 hours.
● Performed data extraction and cleaning of 40 million rows of bank data for annual MAS reporting.
● Design, build and manage databases (Access, SQL Server & REDCAP) for various clinical research projects.
● Perform all necessary data transformations to populate data into a database
● Design training matertial and content for database courses
● Delivered Data Management and MS Excel and Access database training courses to hospital staffs.
● Responsible for patient recruitment, data collection and analysis, and preparation of monthly reports to research team and stakeholders.
● Tracked project financial spending to ensure it operates within the approved research budget.
● Designed, built and deployed web-based electronic form to facilitate collection and reporting of research data